Wednesday, June 12, 2019

The Betraying Tongue - Day 13 "30 Days to Taming Your Tongue"

I am doing a study on "30 Days to Taming Your Tongue". Come along with me as we look at how we can honor Yahushua with the words we say.

This study is based on the book "30 Days to Taming you Tongue" by 
Read Reviews and Links to buy the book at Good Reads.

What I will be writing here is notes I have from when I read the book. It is designed to give you an overview of major points in that day's lesson. And other commentary from my own reflection.


The Betraying Tongue - Day 13 "30 Days to Taming Your Tongue"
  • A betrayer divulges info in breach of a confidence
  • Gives information to the "enemy"
  • Commits relational treason by violating the trust someone has placed in them
  • Strive to be a trustworthy person whom others can depend upon to guard their private information
  • Do not be tempted by bribery to betray someone 
  • - Delia and Judas were both bribed when they betrayed 
(Matthew 27:3-4 TLV)  Then Judah, His betrayer, saw that Yeshua had been condemned. Feeling remorse, he brought the thirty silver pieces back to the ruling kohanim (priests)  and elders,  (4)  saying, “I’ve sinned, betraying innocent blood!” But they said, “What’s that to us? You see to it yourself!”
(Psalms 41:9 The Scriptures 1998+)  Even my own friend in whom I trusted, who ate my bread, Has lifted up his heel against me.
(Psalms 55:12-13 The Scriptures 1998+)  (12)  It is not an enemy who reproaches me – That I could bear; Nor one who hates me who is making himself great against me – Then I could hide from him.  (13)  But it was you, a man my equal, My companion and my friend.
We need to keep our friendships. We do not need to become the enemy of our friends by betraying them. Even Yahshua who was righteous had close friends betray him.

(Matthew 6:14-15 The Scriptures 1998+)  (14)  “For if you forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father shall also forgive you.  (15)  “But if you do not forgive men their trespasses, neither shall your Father forgive your trespasses.
If you find yourself being betrayed by a friend, we are still called to forgive them.

Come back tomorrow for The Belittling Tongue http://alyse2232.blogspot.com/ (bookmark it) 

No comments:

Post a Comment