Wednesday, June 5, 2019

The Self-Depreciating Tongue - Day 9 "30 Days to Taming Your Tongue"

I am doing a study on "30 Days to Taming Your Tongue". Come along with me as we look at how we can honor Yahushua with the words we say.

This study is based on the book "30 Days to Taming you Tongue" by 
Read Reviews and Links to buy the book at Good Reads.

What I will be writing here is notes I have from when I read the book. It is designed to give you an overview of major points in that day's lesson. And other commentary from my own reflection.

So far we have done: The Boasting TongueThe Manipulating Tongue,  The Argumentative Tongue Day 6The Divisive Tongue Day 5The Hasty Tongue Day 4, Temptations Strategy Day 3The Flattering Tongue Day 2, and The Lying Tongue Day 1. Click on the links to catch up.

The Self-Depreciating Tongue - Day 9 "30 Days to Taming Your Tongue"

Self-Depreciation is:

  • When you think or speak of yourself as being of little or no worth and thereby minimizing the value of what you have to offer.
  • A rejection of the word of Yahweh which says we can do all things through Messiah who strengthens us. (Philippians 4:13)
Satan seeks to take us to one extreme to another Boastful <-----------> Bashful
  • What you call yourself is only what is important
  • - Let yourself be empowered by positive thoughts about yourself
  • - Thoughts of discouragement are of the Adversary 
  • We can't be defined by our experience or circumstance
  • We must reject the spirit of inadequacy

(Exodus 4:10-12 HRB)  And Moses said to YAHWEH, O YAHWEH, I am not a man of words, either from yesterday or the third day, nor since You have been speaking to Your bondslave. For I am heavy of mouth and heavy of tongue.  (11)  And YAHWEH said to him, Who has made man's mouth? Or who makes the dumb, or the deaf, or the seeing, or the blind? Is it not I, YAHWEH?  (12)  And now go, and I will be with your mouth, and will teach you what you shall speak.
Moses said a self-depreciating comment about his speaking. What did Yahweh say,  I made you, I will be with you to teach you how to speak. The same goes for us in our inadequacy. Yahweh will teach you to do better. Yahweh can make all things happen. And it will be for His Name Sake. Yahweh uses our weakness so that His Name will be made strong.

Next time you feel tempted to say a self-depreciating comment about yourself. Say instead. I may not be good at ____ but by the power of Yahweh I will be able to. And recite "I can do all things through Messiah; the One giving me strength. (Philippians 4:13 HRB)"

No comments:

Post a Comment